On October 21st a very successful book presentation was held at the WTO, hosted by the Appellate Body Secretariat (AB Series), and organized by the authors Jorge A. Huerta-Goldman, Antoine Romanetti and Franz X. Stirnimann. There was a group of about 100 participants, including WTO lawyers, arbitration lawyers, students, WTO Missions and Secretariat. The program consisted of 9 presentations based on the key topics of the book, all dealing with cross-cutting issues in WTO litigation, investment arbitration and commercial arbitration.
The sales of the book exceeded our expectations, it was completely sold out at the WTO bookshop. Please click here to view a few photos taken at the WTO presentation.
WTO Litigation, Investment Arbitration, and Commercial Arbitration gathers contributions by twenty-five world-class practitioners, leading academics, adjudicators, and civil servants in the field of WTO litigation, investment arbitration, and commercial arbitration. It provides a practical cross-cutting analysis of the different dispute settlement mechanisms that exist in international trade and investment and offers valuable insights into how to use best practices among the three systems. The book addresses the critical areas of overlap that exist in the three disciplines, including:
- management of parallel proceedings and role of politics and ‘pressure points’ within host governments;
- selection and appointment of arbitrators, panels and Appellate Body members;
- use of experts and economics;
- search of the applicable law;
- interpretation of the national treatment principle and other substantive standards and legal tests;
- methods of redressing ‘moral damage’;
- regimes of review, appeals and annulment;
- and much more…
Click here for more information on this title and on how to place an order.